- Mt. McKinley, Alaska - June 19, 1969, Gary Cole, 32, of
Cody, Wyoming, died of high altitude pulmonary edema at 17,200'
- Smith Rock, Oregon - May 2 1998, Bill Pesklak fell on
his belayer, on ledge, fell again striking his head then slid the
remaining 60’ to rocks below.
- Yosemite California - October 15th 2002, the body of 23
year old Philip Jones was found at the base of "The Cookie".
- Devils Tower, Wyoming - May 17 2003, Jacqueline Weimer,
27, Weimer was rappelling near the El Cracko Diablo climbing route
when the accident occurred.
- Yosemite National Park, California - May 31 2003, Chris
Hampson, 25, died while climbing the Overhang Bypass route on
Lower Cathedral Rock in Yosemite Valley.
- Grand Teton,
Wyoming - July 26th 2003, 5 Climbers struck by lightning 1
- Yosemite, California
- December 28th 2003, Joseph Crowe, 25, had been solo climbing the
Zodiac. His body was found hanging from the rock after hikers
- Mount Washington, Oregon - July 2004, Thomas A.
Seifert, 46, of Goldendale and Gary L Gentz, 50, of Washington
State on the west side of the mountain, at 7,190', They were still
roped together, and had fallen about 150 feet, after their
climbing safety equipment had apparently failed.
- Grand Teton, Wyoming
- July 20th 2004, Dwight Bishop fell while climbing Grand Teton
- Longs Peak, Colorado - September 4th 2004, Sudheer
Averineni, a 26-year-old Indian national, The Keyhole route was
still classified as "technical" due to snow and ice conditions,
his body was found on the summit the next day.
- Yosemite National Park, California - October 19 2004,
Mariko Ryugo, 27, and Ryoichi Yamanoto, 26 climbers from Japan
died of hypothermia on "The Nose".
- Mount Whitney, California - March 13 2005, Richard J.
Ferrari, 37, he fell approximately 1,000 feet from a point near
the Notch on the Mountaineer’s Route on the north face of the